Thursday, September 29, 2011

Research Logs: The Beginning

This week I would like to learn more in-depth about databases at Clemson as well as in-text citations. I feel insecure in these two areas, especially. Besides, I never really understood how in-text citations worked anyway. Also, I was hoping to get a review of MLA Format and what “notes” we should have in our annotated bibliography because, as you know, different teachers have different requirements. Moreover, after reading EID, I am also confused about creating a dialogue with the sources I find and use. I have never heard of this before. Additionally, it would be great if we could have a day of class in which you could take the time to show us different websites we could use to find information or sources about our topics because I find it difficult locating different kinds of sources. Lastly, I think if we focused more on organizational methods, then I would have an easier time developing a draft of my research paper because, right now, I am not anywhere close to having a well-developed thesis for my research topic.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that our past classes have addressed a few of your concerns. We will be having a review of MLA and Works Cited pages tomorrow, and I have an activity planned for extracting and organizing data from sources.

    ReplyDelete